Innovation and reform are strategic initiatives to fuel the private sector upon their development in the era of free trade and international partnership.
Innovation and reform in doing business, in operation methods and policies, etc. create competitive advantages, promoting the development of companies, especially Start-ups and SMEs.
However, the application of innovation into doing business to make changes and development is still limited and has not created many competitive advantages for Vietnam.
VCG works with MBI and innovation related organizations and individuals to organize workshop series 2016 support the private sectors in the Mekong region sustain their businesses while Vietnam integrates with the world of free trade and international partnership now and in the next decades.
- To provide useful information to businesses as well as understanding the problems and difficulties enterprises are facing with and finding ways to support them;
- Networking opportunities with and among corporate businesses and organisations;
- To stimulate the development of companies, especially Start-ups and SMEs, which will significantly contribute to the development of Vietnam – the ending and most important objective.
The Mekong Business Initiative (MBI) of the ASIA DEVELOPMENT BANK, is an advisory and advocacy facility, which promotes private sector development (PSD) in the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) region.
Vietnam Consulting Group (VCG) has dedicated to the development of the Mekong Delta Sub-region since 2000. The company has been working with selected international and local organizations to support the region with the following projects:
- 2000 – 2005: Private Sector Development Consult Project (Sponsored by Mekong Project Facilities Development of IFC);
- 2003 – 2013: Local Economic Development Project (Sponsored by GTZ);
- 2000 – 2003: Marketing Places Project (Sponsored by Fulbright Economic Teaching Program);
- 2005 – present: Co-founding and advising local business clubs (partner with the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce Mekong Delta Chapter).